Hi, I’m Liz Alton. I’ve worked with some of the world’s top brands and agencies, crafting innovative content strategies and creating content that uses business insights, great storytelling, and clear communication to connect brands with customers.
My work brings together a decade of real-world business experience in marketing, technology and consulting, with strong writing and strategy skills honed in high-stakes, high-pressure engagements. As a result, you get the compelling copy and storytelling of a writer — with the perspective of a business professional who understands your business.
As a content marketing consultant, my services include:
- Content strategy development
- Crafting editorial calendars
- Ongoing pitching and storyline development
- Writing thought leadership content for client brands and media outlets under my own byline – including blog posts and contributed articles
- Ghostwritten content for some of today’s most innovative executives and entrepreneurs
- Long-form projects, including white papers, eBooks, infographics, interactive quizzes and assets, and long-form narrative non-fiction
I specialize in writing about marketing, technology and business.
My clients include Fortune 500 brands, creative agencies, and venture-backed startups. Some of the brands I work with include IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Google, Mimecast, Adobe, CenturyLink, Progress Software, Staples, MasterCard, ADP, Paychex, Intuit, Fidelity, and others. I’m a regular contributor to Forbes, and my writing/ghostwriting has been published in Inc, USA Today, Entrepreneur, the Huffington Post, Mic, Harvard Business Review blogs, and the WSJ.
I hold an MBA and a BA in journalism, have degrees in anthropology, and am currently completing my Masters in Journalism at Harvard. Deep creative agency experience and a background in strategy consulting help me quickly and easily understand new industries, conceptualize campaigns, and communicate with a wide range of audiences.
More About My Work
Marketing specialties include:
- Digital marketing
- Market research
- Conversion optimization
- Marketing automation
- Ad tech
- Social media
Technology specialties include:
- Data analytics
- Big data
- The Internet of Things (IOT)
- Mobile technology
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- B2B tech,
- Networking, hardware, and IT infrastructure development
- Hospitality technology
- Healthcare technology
Business specialties include:
- HR – human resources
- Finance, including trends in personal finance and small and mid-size business financing
- Small business content
- Industry vertical content
- Enterprise content targeting small and mid-size customers
Certifications: Management (Stanford), Content Strategy (Hubspot), SEO Copywriting. Advanced training in SEO, Google Analytics, and conversion optimization.
If you’re looking for a sharp, business-savvy writer or content strategist to add to your freelance team, contact me today to arrange for a personalized consultation.